Consumer Products Companies are under increasing pressure to streamline their supply chain while maintaining product margins. Auto-ID technology provides the necessary visibility and measurability to optimize manufacturing and distribution operations, increase shelf availability and to drive effective in-store promotions.
|A leading Consumer Products Manufacturer worked with OAT to RFID-enable their enterprise systems, providing supply chain visibility across 20 manufacturing facilities and major retail partners in North America and Europe.|
Consumer Products manufacturing involves complex sourcing, materials handling and batch monitoring processes. Real-time visibility automates and error-proofs manual sourcing, material management, and work-in-process tracking, helping to prevent issues from propagating downstream.
Automated Goods Receipt tracks inbound materials from the receiving dock, minimizing expedite costs and production delays. Directed Putaway automates warehousing putaway with Auto-ID technology, reducing handling time, process errors and labor costs.
- Tracking Reusable Transport Items (RTIs) associated with work orders and customer orders through receipt, execution and shipment
- Tracking the contents and history of Reusable Transport Items to avoid cross-contamination
- Confirming batch execution against process orders
- Enabling more efficient line sequencing for individual batches and materials
- Tracking tools and equipment across the facility, eliminating manual check-in & check-out processes and production delays due to lost equipment
- Setting audible and visual alerts to prevent containers and customer orders from being delivered to the wrong location
Source Tagging products with RFID tags, at the point of manufacture, enables Consumer Product companies to track goods and promotions beyond their own facilities.
Consumer Products manufacturers must monitor shipments to retail partners to increase shelf availability and sell through. Auto-ID, Wi-Fi, RTLS and GPS-enabled processes can automatically track and trace pallets, reusable containers (RTIs) and promotional displays as they pass through checkpoints within facilities, in transit, and at final destination. Reusable Asset Tracking and Automated Goods Receipt real-time enable ERP and WMS systems to track shipping containers, customer orders and delivery vehicles by:
- Preventing mis-shipments and make-goods, so less safety stock is required at each location
- Providing complete documentation to respond to in-transit delays
- Increasing product velocity, leading to higher cash flow
- Improving the perfect order rate, leading to higher customer satisfaction
a cost-effective, portable solution
for printing and affixing EPC tags to
promotional displays at remote facilities.
Beyond the walls of manufacturing and distribution facilities, Yard Management provides real-time visibility into yard operations leveraging Auto-ID, Wi-Fi, GPS and RTLS technology.
Sales & Service
Consumer Product manufacturers often rely on manual tracking processes to ensure retail shelves are stocked and promotional displays are placed on the sales floor at the right time.
OAT SOLUTIONS SUPPORT:
Barcode - Passive RFID - Active RFID - Ultra Wide Band RF (UWB) - Wi-Fi - RTLS - RFID-enhanced EAS - Location Servers - GPS - Application Sensors (e.g. Stack Lights, PLCs, alarms...)